28-29 agosto 2021
Estaremos participando del festival vegano Red & Green Veg Fest de forma virtual haciendo un demo de canoas veganas de amarillos.
We’re participating at the Red & Green Veg Fest doing an online cooking demo for this sweet plantain vegan canoes.
Sweet Plantain Vegan Canoes
- 4 Sweet plantains yellow kind
- 1 Tempeh Pack of 8oz
- 5-6 Medium baby Bella mushrooms or 8-10 small ones
- 1-2 tsp Cooking oil of preference
- 1/4 cup Water
- 2 tsp Soy Aminos or Tamari
- 2-3 tsp Adobo seasoning*
- 1/2 cup Shredded vegan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400F on bake.
- Open the sweet plantains but leave the skin on while baking.
- Bake the plantains for approx 30 mins or until soft.
- Crumble the tempeh.
- Chop the mushrooms.
- In a pan set to medium heat add the oil.
- Add the tempeh and mushroom together and cook for 2-3 mins.
- Mix the 1/4 cup of water with the Soy (or substitute).
- Add the liquid to the tempeh and mushrooms and let it cook for 2-3 more minutes.
- Add the adobo seasoning and let it cook for approx 5 more minutes.
- Open the plantain in the middle like you would with a banana for a banana split but skipping the edges.
- Set your oven to Broil on 400F
- Fill the plantain with the tempeh and mushroom mix.
- Top with cheese and broil until the cheese is melted.
- Serve with rice and beans or a salad.