28-29 agosto 2021
Estaremos participando del festival vegano Red & Green Veg Fest de forma virtual haciendo un demo de canoas veganas de amarillos.
We’re participating at the Red & Green Veg Fest doing an online cooking demo for this sweet plantain vegan canoes.
Sweet Plantain Vegan Canoes
- 4 Sweet plantains yellow kind
- 1 Tempeh Pack of 8oz
- 5-6 Medium baby Bella mushrooms or 8-10 small ones
- 1-2 tsp Cooking oil of preference
- 1/4 cup Water
- 2 tsp Soy Aminos or Tamari
- 2-3 tsp Adobo seasoning*
- 1/2 cup Shredded vegan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400F on bake.
- Open the sweet plantains but leave the skin on while baking.
- Bake the plantains for approx 30 mins or until soft.
- Crumble the tempeh.
- Chop the mushrooms.
- In a pan set to medium heat add the oil.
- Add the tempeh and mushroom together and cook for 2-3 mins.
- Mix the 1/4 cup of water with the Soy (or substitute).
- Add the liquid to the tempeh and mushrooms and let it cook for 2-3 more minutes.
- Add the adobo seasoning and let it cook for approx 5 more minutes.
- Open the plantain in the middle like you would with a banana for a banana split but skipping the edges.
- Set your oven to Broil on 400F
- Fill the plantain with the tempeh and mushroom mix.
- Top with cheese and broil until the cheese is melted.
- Serve with rice and beans or a salad.
*Adobo seasoning is usually salt, pepper, basil, oregano, garlic and onion. Sometimes they might include achiote as well. You can create your by mixing 1tsp of each this should make enough for a couple of uses.
Deja un comentario